Betsson provide strong report 2009
Betsson reports good results for 2009 where revenue rose 25% to 1 300 million and profits rose to approximately SEK 317 million. Devided by games Betsson Sportsbook had the largest increase by 33%, Betsson Casino grew 28% while Betsson poker stayed almost the same. In the Q4 report, Betsson CEO Pontus Lindwall also wanted to highlight that in 2009 Betsson was awarded as “the most socially responsible gaming operator.”
“Poker has not been a success for us the last two years,” says CEO Pontus Lindvall. “We have lost market share, we know we have a good product but changes in other poker networks has changed the market and we have had trouble competing in the new situation”.
All figures are given in Swedish kronor. Figures in parentheses refer to the corresponding period last year, unless otherwise indicated. Data refer to the Group unless otherwise indicated.
- Revenues rose 19 percent to 382.9 (321.1) million
- Operating profit rose 2 percent to 93.5 (91.9) million
- Profit before tax increased by 1 percent to 94.3 (93.6) million
- The result was 90.0 (92.9) million, or 2.29 (2.37) per share
- Cash was at the end of the quarter to 529.1 (373.2) million and the group still has no interest-bearing liabilities
- Deposits amounted to 915.7 (701.8) million, representing an increase of 30 percent
- Based on the company’s strong performance, the Board proposes a transfer to shareholders of 9.00 (5.10) per share, representing an increase of 76 percent
- Betsson was awarded most socially responsible gaming operator
- Revenues rose 25 percent to 1 299.7 (1 037.8) million
- Operating profit rose 15 percent to 316.9 (276.6) million
- Profit before tax rose 14 percent to 318.9 (280.7) million
- Profit rose 13 percent to 303.3 (267.3) million, or 7.73 (6.81) per share
Customers are primarily from the Nordic countries and Europe. Betsson AB is listed on OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm, Mid Cap (BETS).