- American Roulette – roulette with 38 numbers that include both 0 and 00. Has worse winning-odds than the European version of the game.
- Autoplay – feature available on many videoslots that play automatical spins for you.
- Bank transfer – deposit money to the casino via bank transfer, or cashing out your winnings. Smooth and safe method, especially for winning payments.
- Bet – to bet on a game
- Bet – the amount you bet on a game. All casinos have different minimum and maximum bets for each game table.
- Bet Max – a button on the gaming machines designed to make the game faster. If you press the button, you bet the maximum allowed number of coins.
- Blackjack – a card game played against a dealer. The challenge is to get as close as possible to 21. If you exceed 21 you lose.
- Bonus Round – a bonus with more free games or more money than you can get on the slot machines.
- Cash out – cash out your profits.
- Coin size – value of the coins used to play on slot machines.
- Dealer – the person running the game. Also known as the croupier.
- Deposit – to deposit the money into an online casino. Can be done for instance by Bank Deposit or credit card.
- Slot machines – the same as slot machine and video slot. See Slot
- European Roulette – roulette with 37 numbers and only one zero. The odds are therefore better than the American roulette.
- Free spin – free game on the slot machines. It can often be offered as a bonus to new customers at an online casino
- Gammon – if a backgammon game ended and one of the players did not manage to take out any of his checkers, the player loses twice the value of the doubling cube.
- Gambling – collective name for games determined by chance.
- High Roller – a player who bets high. Some casinos give special bonuses to High Rollers.
- The house – the casino or the dealer who operates a game.
- Jack Vegas – Swedish slot machine available in restaurants and pubs all over Sweden.
- Jackpot – big win often found on slot machines.
- Keno – lottery games like Bingo where the player selects the desired numbers on a tray and then they are randomly chosen.
- Las Vegas – the world’s most famous casino town. Located in the United States, Nevada
- Maximum bet – the maximum amount you can bet in a game.
- Moneybookers – Internet-based wallet which enables you to place money on online gaming sites.
- Monte Carlo – Europe’s oldest casino.
- Multi-Line – Slot machines that have a large number of gaming lines.
- Neteller – a virtual wallet that is popular to use when playing games on the internet.
- Online casino – a casino where you can play online on the internet. Read more at online casino.
- Odds – shows how big your chances of winning are.
- Online casino – casino games played online.
- Payline – paylines on a slot machine / gaming machine.
- Paytable / Payout Table – an overview of the winning combinations and how much you can win. It is available on slot machines.
- Progressive Jackpot – a type of jackpot that increases in value as more bets are made. The player who finally gets the right combinations of symbols can win enormous sums of money.
- Progressive slots – slot machines that are connected together and share the same jackpot.
- Quads – Four of a Kind.
- Roulette – a game of chance based on a spinning wheel and a ball whoch the players hope will reach a desired number. See also European and American roulette.
- Slot Machine – see slot.
- Game Machine – see slot.
- Slot – electronic game machine where you have to get a certain combination of symbols to win
- Terms and conditions – the casino’s terms and conditions. Should always be read before starting the game.
- The payout percentage – the percentage on the slot machine that goes back to the player.
- Video Poker (VP) – a version of poker that is played on a slot machine. Not the same as slots or slot machines.
- Video Slot – see slot.
- Wagers reguirement – the sum of money that the player must move or play with before he or she can make a withdrawal. The rules for this are often in the bonus offer T & C: P.
- Yo – used in the dice game craps instead of 11 to avoid confusion with 7. (11 = eleven, 7 = seven).